Friday, February 20, 2009

Vino

4 comments:

Pete said...

I've never wanted a glass of wine more..

Very cool pic, I've been curious ever since I heard the plans for this shot, I dig.

The wheat was definately a good call.

HEY! I get to see you today :)
Happy boy.

-Pete

Susan Cowger said...

WOW I love this--look at that glass, how the right side so light, contrasting with the wall and also the bottle of wine--the right side is light, but on the stem the left side is lightest. Awesome. Makes me keep studying the lights and darks and Pete is right--it makes you want the wine. That wheat adds just the right scribble to the classic drawing.

Susan Cowger said...

you know what else that wheat adds is a slight diagonal--making the photo dynamiic rather than static. (Horizontal lines the most static, verticals slightly less static, diagonals--always dynamic)

Craig and Bethany said...

Great still life. Have you ever considered a career in advertising? 'Bout made me want to have a glass of class. :]